Hey there, it’s been a while! I haven’t been as consistent on my blog recently because I have been trying to soak up as much summer as I can with my family and friends while getting ready for our move to Edmonton and prepping to start my Master’s in the fall. But, I’m back now and I have some pretty fun home blogs planned around our move in the next few weeks!
This week’s blog, however, is all about my first CAUSEBOX.
If you haven’t heard of CAUSEBOX, it’s a subscription box, full of ethical, and sustainable products focused on making an impact and building a supportive community.
I joined CAUSEBOX as an annual member in late May, so my first box was their ‘Summer Welcome Box’, and then I will automatically receive a customized box for the remaining seasons of fall, winter, and spring!
But, in this post, I wanted to show you all of the things that came in my summer CAUSEBOX:
First off, each season’s box is designed by a new artist, and this season’s fun designs were done by Anna Kövecses. In every box you also receive a cute little postcard, along with a magazine outlining all the amazing products inside your box!
1. The Zoe Crossbody Bag, by Pixie Mood. This product came with a choice of 1 of 3 colours, but I didn’t hesitate once to choose ‘Cognac’ for its seasonal versatility. That being said, knowing that fall is just around the corner, I knew this would be the perfect autumn shade.
2. altCooking Hub Silicone Stretch Lids. I think I was most excited about this product if I’m being honest. As I’m shopping for our new apartment, I am trying to pick out more sustainable products, specifically reusable kitchen items, so this couldn’t have come at a better time. These stretchy lids come in a variety of sizes so that they stretch over all kinds of leftovers, containers, bowls, or glasses, you name it! I can’t wait to put these to good use.
3. la beauté Soi Makeup Brushes. They weren’t playing around with this item, there really is a “brush for every purpose”, as they say! And I’m a sucker for things that are both pretty and functional, and these are definitely the type of product I wouldn’t mind displaying on my vanity.
4. PMD Clean. The star of the summer CAUSEBOX. This smart skincare device works to cleanse, lift, and tone your face, and it’s all wrapped up in the cutest blush pink package. This summer seems to have been all about self-care and skin regimens, so I’m extra excited to work this guy into my routine.
5. Grace & Stella Hyaluronic Acid. My new favourite beauty product. I had not tried any hyaluronic acid serums before quarantine, but they quickly became a new favourite, especially living in Alberta’s extremely dry climate. This product was the perfect edition to follow up the PMD Clean!
6. Honua Hawaiian Skincare MALU Sunscreen. Last, but certainly not least, sunscreen! I have to admit, I have not always been the best at wearing sunscreen consistently. But since learning the damaging effects not wearing sunscreen can have on your face (like acne scarring and wrinkles) I have been lathering my face every day, no matter the forecast. So when I saw I had the choice to try out this Hawaiian sunscreen as part of my CAUSEBOX, I was giddy!
So, if you’re interested, an annual membership is $199USD, which means each box works out to be about $67CAD. For all the things you get, that is so worth it in my opinion. Each box comes with 6-8 full items, and this season’s box alone was valued over $250. Just to give you an idea of the deals, the PMD Clean is $99USD, and the Pixie Mood purse $75USD, and those are just some of the products in 1 of the 4 boxes that I will receive this year!
It was seriously like Christmas receiving my first box in the mail, so I am already so excited to see what the other season’s boxes hold! If you liked this post, let me know if you would like to see a review of any more of the upcoming boxes.
Thanks for reading & I’ll see you back soon!